Your privacy is important to us. We make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us on our Website. Before submitting your personal information to our Website, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
This Policy applies to all of the Services offered by Follow The Yogi (“Follow The Yogi”, “we”, “us”, “ours”, “our Website”). This Policy describes how we treat personal information that we collect and receive. Personal information is any information about you that is personally identifiable (including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, username and password), and that is not commonly, publicly available. This policy does not apply to practices of companies that are not owned or controlled by us, or to people who are not employed, or managed by us.
What Information We Collect From You
We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or provide us with in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”). When you register with Follow The Yogi and sign in to our Website you are not anonymous to us. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered User. We may collect information about your transactions with us as well.
Information About Others
You will have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Website. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Follow The Yogi with their personal information.
Information From Other Sources
If you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Website we may collect information made available to us through those services in order to establish your identity, and to improve and personalize your use of our Website.
We automatically receive and record some information on our server logs when you visit and interact with our Website. Session data can include your IP address (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system, the type of Web browser software and language, and referring Website; if you are accessing Follow The Yogi using a mobile device, data we collect may include your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system, as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described below in “Disclosure of Personal Information” if necessary to comply with a legal process.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Cookies are small data text files that can be stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone, or other device (if your Web browser permits), and that allow us to recognize you as a User when you return to the Follow The Yogi Website using the same computer and Web browser.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if your browser is set to refuse all cookies, some features of our Website may not function properly.
When you visit Followtheyogi.com, we may set and access cookies on your computer and use these cookies for the following general purposes:
• To help us customize the content and Website experience.
• To track user trends, and to help measure and research the effectiveness of our Website’s features, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
Follow The Yogi does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
How We Use Your Information
Follow The Yogi uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
• Registration and management of your account, including facilitating your access to and use of our Website;
• Communicating with you in general, including to provide information about Follow The Yogi and invitations from the Follow The Yogi community;
• Enabling us to publish your schedule, photos, personal information, social media links and other content to our community;
• Responding to your questions and comments;
• Auditing, researching, analyzing, maintaining, protecting and improving our Services, and Website;
• Notifying you about special offers and products or services available from us that may be of interest to you;
• Customizing your experience on our Website;
• Fulfilling your requests for services, including the development of new services;
• Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
• Soliciting information from you, including through polls and surveys;
• Providing reporting for Premium Users of our Website;
• Resolving disputes or troubleshoot problems;
• Preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
• Enforcing our Terms of Service.
When you send us an email or other communication, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our Services.
If you have claimed or created a professional profile as a yoga instructor, or owner/manager of a yoga studio, we will send you e-mail messages at the email address you provided to us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Follow The Yogi processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any other applicable service-specific privacy notice. We retain the right to review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our Services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but it is incumbent upon our Users to update and/or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or companies.
Notwithstanding the above, Follow The Yogi may share your information with the following entities:
• Social Media Websites: you can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Instagram or Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites;
• Third-party vendors: entities who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to operate features of our Website. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose;
• Please note that in order to fulfill your requests for any paid Services, we share your payment information with our payment processor;
We also may share your information under the following circumstances, if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary:
• To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request (which may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims or as otherwise required by law); in such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
• To detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, fraud, security or technical issues;
• To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Follow The Yogi, our Users, or the public, as required or permitted by law, and to protect against potential threats to the physical safety of another person;
• To enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
If you create a profile on Follow The Yogi, certain information on your profile (such as profile pictures, name, location, email, phone number, website and other content contributed) will be publicly viewable and identifiable.
In order to invite others to join our Website, you may send invitations to email addresses of people you know who are not registered Users of Follow The Yogi. The names and email addresses of people you invite will be used to send your invitations and reminders. Please note that when you send an invitation to connect to another User, that User will have access to your email address because it will be displayed in the invitation.
You should be aware that when you contribute any Content to Follow The Yogi, you may be identifiable by other Users of our Website and the general public. Any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be seen, collected, or used by other Users, the general public, as well as Developers and other third parties. Follow The Yogi is not responsible for the information you choose to submit when participating in any area of the Website. Also, content on Follow The Yogi may be public and searchable on the Internet. However, please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Users, and we cannot guarantee that other Users have not made copies of or use the ideas and information that you share with others on Follow The Yogi.
Accessing Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and edit your information by visiting your Profile administration page on the Follow The Yogi Website, at any time. You can request that your Follow The Yogi account be deleted at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. Please also note that we may retain certain data contributed by you and information associated with your account in our archives, if we believe that it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, as well as for record-keeping integrity, or if required by law. For example, invitations you sent to other Users via Follow The Yogi. Follow The Yogi disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information.
Information Security and Confidentiality
We want you to feel confident about using Follow The Yogi, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us against unauthorized access to and/or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction. We limit or restrict access to personal information about you to our employees (including our contractors or agents) who we believe reasonably need to know that information to provide or develop services or to otherwise perform their jobs.
In addition, in order to help secure your personal information, access to your data on Follow The Yogi is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Follow The Yogi Website. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
To protect any data stored on our servers, Follow The Yogi also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Follow The Yogi. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, and similar means of communication with other Users of Follow The Yogi are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
Follow The Yogi Communications
As described in our Terms of Service, we will communicate with you through email, notices posted on our website, or through other means available through the service. Along with our monthly newsletter, we may send you emails that inform you about the features of Services or service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly, unless you have opted out of receiving emails. You can simply unsubscribe from emails on our newsletter by selecting the unsubscribe option. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving our service messages while you are a registered User.
Follow The Yogi is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT AND CONSENT TO YOU ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
As a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable laws and regulations, and others are commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as Follow The Yogi:
• You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of Follow The Yogi and its community of Users;
• You must not provide to Follow The Yogi and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to yourself or others;
• You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension, or termination of your account at the sole discretion of Follow The Yogi.
©2015 Follow The Yogi. All rights reserved.
Last updated: June 22nd, 2015